Private Yee Peng Mass Lantern Release Festival
***Tickets for the 2017 Yee Peng Lantern Release are SOLD OUT! For those of you that missed out on tickets to this year’s event, we are putting together a waiting list. After the final counts with the organizer are complete, any remaining tickets/seats will be offered to those on the waiting list. Just send us a message through email ([email protected]) or through Facebook (@CMStay) Please include the number of ticket you require. This is not a guarantee you will get a ticket, but it the last thing we can do to try to get you in this year. We hope to have an update within a week or two.
Important Note: We only accept payment through PayPal or BTC. We suggest that if you do not already have an account with one of them, you should prepare it now so there is no delay if tickets come available.
On Friday, November 3, 2017 the moon will be full and Chiang Mai will be celebrating Yee Peng once again. As many of you already know CMStay is always looking for the best options for people wanting to join the festivities. This year the private event will be held again and we have secured tickets. There will be a total of 1,500 tickets to the event . Big enough for great pictures, but still small enough to really take in the event.
EDIT: May 18, 2017 – As this is the only mass lantern release event this year (read more here) we have a rush of people purchasing tickets the last remaining tickets to this event, Please bear with us as we respond with reservations. It may take up to 24hrs.
The specifics are below:
Tickets to the event are 2750THB/person and include:
- Round trip transportation from Chiang Mai to the event (and back to CM)
- 1 Krathong (Floating light to be release in the river)
- 1 Khom Loy (Sky lantern)
- 1 Souvenir Set
Private YP Lantern Release (2,750B)
We also accept Bitcoin as payment at this address: 16GgshwfsoGes14spUvYww5LqcxFUiKopZ
Please send us an email after you send BTC so we can confirm receipt.
- 3pm (15:00) – Meet at pick up point (To be announced in October)
- 4pm (16:00) – Drive to Lantern Release location
- 5pm (17:00) – Arrive at location
- Locate seats
- Receive Souvenir
- Watch the local dancers/games/show
- Eat some local foods
- Visit the temple/watch the Yee Peng ceremony
- 8:00pm (20:00) – Opening ceremony for the Mass Lantern Release
- 8:30pm (20:30) – Short demonstration/instructions on Lantern Release
- 8:45pm (20:45) – Lantern Releases start at
- 9:30pm (21:30) – Return to Chiang Mai
Important Notes and the Fine Print:
- Only people with tickets will be allowed into the event.
- Fireworks, drones (Remote flying devices), weapons, gambling, alcohol, drugs, and other illegal items are prohibited
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Full payment required to book. No reservation without full payment.
- Meeting point for van/buses will be announce closer to the event (about 2 weeks)
- Vans are expected to leave Chiang Mai about 3pm and should return to the city about 10 – 10:30pm
- There is a temple next door with YP ceremony, but it is not mandatory to attend.
- Local village people will be selling local foods on site. Please help support the local villagers.
- Please dress and act respectfully. There will be people of all ages, nationalities and religions present.
- This is NOT Yee Peng Lanna International. This is a private event.